Random Acts of Kindness- Ideas

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rebates & Rainchecks

I grew up in a household with a very frugal father but I was still spoiled (good combination!). But I vividly remember Dad always receiving rebates in the mail. Back then I thought it was funny since it was just $1 here or a $1.50 there... but $1 was worth A LOT more then, for sure!

Anyway, I am my father now. Ironic, funny and humbling. I wish I was as good with money as my Dad but I'm getting there at 39 :) My point is, DO REBATES. ANY REBATE. Rite-Aid has a great general rebate program. Also, I keep a look out for rebate offers attached to a lot of household cleaners (the coupon-y type tag around the neck of a household cleaner bottle, for example). I just sent in a receipt and rebate form for SCJohnson and I'll be getting a $5 check. That's a Subway foot long or 2 1/2 boxes of cereal! You get the point. It may be a bit inconvenient but you WILL feel good about doing it, I promise.

Then, there's rainchecks. Great example- I went to CVS a couple of weeks ago to get Multi-Grain Cheerios for $1.99 each. They only had one box so they offered a raincheck (r.c.) and I had a coupon for $1/3. They made the raincheck for 3 boxes and there's NO expiration date. So when I eventually make it back to CVS, I'll get Multigrain Cheerios for $1.99 plus my coupon will be it about $1.60/box!! Try it- it's easy!!

On a personal note:
Thank you my dear friends--- it's been a challenging week. I'm unsure of this blog as I feel (just like Julie in Julie & Julia) that no one is reading my blog. Am I doing this for no reason? I love to help people! So I hope I'm helping you in any way possible.

Have a great week!
Here we go....
cc

No comments:

Post a Comment