Random Acts of Kindness- Ideas

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Basic coach-ess Lesson-SHOP STORE FLIERS

If you're new to couponing, my recommendation would be to start gathering your coupons and organizing them. And if the thought of utilizing all those coupons right away is overwhelming (and it IS, at first), don't fret...Try shopping from fliers first--- meaning don't buy everything at Publix, Sam's or Wal-Mart. That will not save you money.

I have heard so many people say they don't have time to shop at more than one store- well, then you're paying for convenience and that's ok; you may find other ways through this journey to save money. But for this blog post, we're going to focus on shopping from fliers (or is it flyers- I don't know! I could google it, right?)

I am a mom of 2 young children and I work part-time and we only have one vehicle BUT you can find the time to do quick shop trips. I love doing this.

Most store fliers are on-line but I find having the actual paper flier helps me. I take an 8/5 x 11 piece of paper and fold in half; twice, so I have four sections. Each section is for a different store and what I will be purchasing from that store. I keep it folded and in my coupon organizer I keep in my purse. I use both sides of the paper so you technically have 8 squares. This may sound elementary but it is a great way to keep many lists separate. And if I happen to have a coupon for an item, I put a c with a circle around it beside the item (My college roomies and me started this back then!!! Remember Jan, Jodi and K?)

This is a great way to start- even before coupons. Also, utilize your drugstores!!! CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreen's- they are GREAT resources for even food-related items. I get my basic spices at Rite-Aid for 79 cents! I also just got Softsoap 7.5 oz for 79 cents each at R-A too- cheaper than the dollar store!!!

So be flier, flyer friendly!!!!

Here we go............

cc

3 comments:

  1. great blog Stace. Love the layout too!
    -Marley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I do the little c thing too when I make my list...totally forgot that was from our college days...I do it because I forget when I get to the store that I actually have coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey - you are the best! I am trying to clip coupons, I try every Jan / feb amd quit by march because it is overwhelming - I am determined to stick with it, and YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete