Random Acts of Kindness- Ideas

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feeling overwhelmed?

Hi readers,
It's that time of year where we just want Spring to be here and it's not coming fast enough. At least up here in New England, it's that way. I know a lot of you have been hit with a bunch of snow and are stuck home with the kids (I mean that in a nice motherly way ;)

Maybe go through one cupboard (ie, the Tupperware cupboard) and organize and throw out and RE-USE those without a lid for some other type of organization in your home- maybe your husband needs some organizational help with all his nuts, bolts, etc...

Tackle something small. That's all. You will feel better.

If you're feeling overwhelmed with shopping, couponing, etc... you have to start small. I want you to enjoy it- to save money and feel good about it! Maybe just start with meats, find each week where it's the cheapest and stock up. Meats & produce tend to be the most expensive so if you start there, you'll save a lot. My IGA has chicken legs for .58 cents/lb! Now, I know most people don't like to eat dark meat anymore b/c it is more 'fattening' but if you take off the skin (before cooking it!!!), it takes so good still! And it doesn't get as tough when you bake it. I have such a hard time cooking white meat; especially if I'm baking it, which is what method I use most. Try drumsticks, chicken legs, thighs... they are always on sale and always cheap!!

Happy Saturday!

Here we go....
cc

No comments:

Post a Comment