Random Acts of Kindness- Ideas

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

coach-ess Extra: Three-Herb Drumsticks

I always buy my proteins by what's on sale and THEN plan my menu- that is KEY! So, when chicken drumsticks were on sale for .78 cents/lb at my local IGA. I bought some, of course!!

Anyway, I found this recipe in Weight Watchers magazine and plan on making it tonight and thought I would share it with all of you. VERY basic and easy ingredients that most of us have on hand. I am using dried herbs instead of fresh (which means I use less). Enjoy! And if you do make it at some point, leave me a comment here or on my fb page for coupon coach-ess!!

Three-Herb Drumsticks

8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs)
juice of 1 lg. lemon
2 lg. garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 (1-pt) container grape or cherry tomatoes

1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray large rimmed baking sheet w/nonstick spray.
2. Place drumsticks on baking sheet. Mix lemon juice, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, oil, mustard, s&p in small bowl. pour over drumsticks and toss to coat. Add tomatoes.
3. Roast until drumsticks are cooked through and tomatoes are softened, about 40 mins, turning drumsticks once halway through roasting time.

WW points: 5 (serving of 2 drumsticks and 1/4 cu tomatoes)

231 cal;8g fat;2g sat fat;0g trans fat;123mg chol;310mg sod;5g carbs; 1g fiber;34g prot;52mg calc

No comments:

Post a Comment